Have you ever heard the statement by Jerry Seinfeld that if attending a funeral most people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy? Have you ever thought about your response to hearing this? Most Americans would agree with this statement, which is why public speaking is, and has been the most dreaded fear, even over death.
Speaking for a Lasting Impression is a training program intended for anyone who is interested in developing their ability to successfully present in front of a group of people. This program provides participants with the essential components involved in presenting effectively and delivering a presentation that will create a positive lasting impression on the audience members. Through interaction and skill practice, participants will learn how to create, deliver, and enhance their ability to speak in front of a group.
What You Will Do:
- Gain a clear understanding of the adult learning process.
- Develop techniques to capture and maintain the attention of the audience.
- Identify different types of presentations and the purpose behind each.
- Learn how to prepare your topics and deliver your message.
- Assess the key elements involved in successful presentations.
- Analyze how to increase retention and create a lasting impression.
The fear associated with speaking in front of a group will only be overcome when you have delivered a successful presentation. Speaking for a Lasting Impression will provide you with the tools necessary to achieve this goal. Not only will you meet the needs of the audience, you will also gain an increase in self-confidence, pride, and accomplishment.
1. Understanding the Adult Audience
- Recognize characteristics of adult learners.
- Understand the key elements of the learning process.
2. Developing a Dynamic Delivery
- Identify the purpose of presentations.
- Discuss ways to overcome the fear of speaking in front of a group.
- Determine how to captivate your audience within the first 30 seconds.
- Use body language to maintain interest.
- Develop techniques to become an effective presenter.
3. Speaking With Conviction
- Identify types of speeches.
- Understand how to prepare your topic.
- Define different types of delivery.
- Determine key elements when writing a speech.
- Assess ways to deliver your message.
- Identify techniques to interact with the audience.
4. Presenting With Purpose
- Understand different types of business presentations.
- Determine your approach.
- Utilize five key components of business presentations.
5. Raising Retention
- Enhance retention through group discussion.
- Understand the importance of demonstrations as a form of learning.
- Recognize the importance of asking questions while facilitating.
- Solve training situations you may face.