From Control to Empowerment
Bring out the best in you so you can bring out the best in your employees and you’ll bring on the best of your customers.
Leadership is a rich and meaningful word. It stirs up a sense of idealism, excitement, hope and courage. It is a word that inspires us to be our best, a word that we associate with those who have made the greatest difference in our lives. In short, leadership is a significant part of the answer to whatever challenges our organizations may face.
What You Will Gain
“High Performance Leadership: From Control to Empowerment” will teach you how to be an outstanding leader within your organization. The principles and practices you learn in this program are based upon observation and research from the foremost authorities in the field of leadership.
From the program you will:
- Understand the five practices of the world’s greatest leaders.
- Create a clear and compelling vision of the future.
- Find an appropriate balance between the five major leadership roles (technician, manager, trailblazer, architect and coach).
- Become a leader who empowers others and brings out their best.
- Learn how to organize and manage your priorities so that big things control little things.
- Recognize leadership qualities in yourself.
Structure and Format
“High Performance Leadership” consists of eight modules (each two to three hours in length) that are scheduled and delivered at least one week apart. The modules include numerous individual and group exercises that make the training come alive and ensure that participants translate the principles into a personal plan of action. This program can be taught to a large group or even a single leader with the trainer acting as a personal coach. The number of participants, structure and format can all be tailored to fit the needs of your organization.
1. Principles of Leadership
- Learn the importance of leadership in achieving long-term organizational success.
- Discover the five myths of leadership.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Learn the difference between controlling and empowering leadership styles.
2. Practices of Empowering Leaders
- Empowering leaders have a driving passion to realize their vision.
- Empowering leaders build and sustain trust with their followers.
- Empowering leaders unleash the commitment and motivation of their followers.
- Empowering leaders are social and organizational architects.
- Empowering leaders act from positive beliefs about people and situations.
3. The Five Leadership Roles
- Examine the three core elements of team effectiveness.
- Learn the five roles of leadership.
- Discover the appropriate balance among the five roles.
- Understand how to lead “from the balcony”.
- Learn how to use a set of diagnostic questions to lead “from the balcony”.
4. Leadership Practices
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
- Assess yourself in the five leadership roles.
- Know how you are viewed by others in your organization.
- Develop personal improvement plans.
5. Personal Productivity
- Assess how you currently use your time.
- Discover the barriers that keep you from managing your time more effectively.
- Learn the difference between the important and the urgent and how to schedule the time for the important.
- Learn to set professional goals to guide your use of time.
- Learn a systematic approach to managing daily events.
6. Fundamentals of High Performance Teams
- Learn the definition of a high-performance team and how it differs from traditional work groups.
- Discover the three elements of high-performance teams.
- Learn the four types of teams.
- Learn the stages of team development.
7. Performance Expectations
- Learn to confront behavior that fails to meet your expectations.
- Understand the importance of discipline and conformity in building high performance.
- Develop a set of non-negotiables for those whom you lead.
- Practice the skill of harnessing harmful behavior.
- Apply the skill to back-home situations.
8. Empowering Others for CX Success
- Learn the difference between commitment and compliance motivation.
- Understand how leadership changes to create commitment.
- Learn the four principles of empowerment.
- Learn the elements of empowerment.
- Discover a matrix for identifying what people need in order to be empowered.
- Develop a dialogue to transfer power to others.
- Create a model of situational leadership.